Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Google Drive and Creating Your Brand as a Student Leader - Area E Student Leadership Conference




Take your phone out and go here right now!
http://j.mp/trynowcada


Google Drive (Google Docs is now Google Drive) is AWESOME! Here are just some of the things I want to share with you today.

  • Why you need Google Drive in ASB
    • Old way: Students create files at home or at school. Next year: "Where is that file?"
    • Old way: Students creating the homecoming script. "When are we getting together?"
    • Old way: "Oh, I forgot. I updated the budget. I need to e-mail you a new copy."
    • Old way: "I left my flash drive at home!"
    • Old way: I put the nomination forms in the teachers' mailboxes. I'm certain that the teachers will make this a high priority and remember to turn it back into ASB in a timely manner.
  • Collaborating between students and advisor
    • Share access means you can work together in real time
LIVE DEMO - I need a volunteer!
  • Creating forms to send out to teachers and students
    • Student-of-the-Month
    • Homecoming nominations
    • Theme polls
    • Character Counts
  • Creating student folders
    • Students keep track of their leadership curriculum work
    • Gives you something to look back on at the end of the year
    • Gives YOUR ADVISOR something to look at when it comes time for letters of recommendation

No comments:

Post a Comment